Fourteen years ago on 9/11:
1) Ray and I didn’t allow our kids to go to school out of fear that there might be a Los Angeles attack.
2) Our whole family sat in bed and watched the news coverage that morning.
3) We were all stunned and horrified.
4) I kept expecting attacks in other cities across the U.S.
5) I knew life had shifted and changed for all of us in the U.S. 6) I was deeply touched by the bravery of so many Americans that day. 7) I feel deeply saddened that so many were in such abject pain over the loss of loved ones. 8) We couldn’t stop watching the news coverage. 9) I wondered what the long-term ramifications of these actions would be. 10) I felt doubtful that we would ever track down the perpetrators.
A significant moment in U.S. history seared in our national consciousness.
May the souls of the departed rest in peace.