I have added several new pages to my new website, changed the colors, added more photos and, in general, given it my best shot so far with my current skill level in website design (read: minimal – moderate). I am still baffled by how to connect this to a Google search so it’s actually helpful to my writing coach business, but I guess I will slowly figure this out. If anyone has a WIX website and knows the answer to that question, please contact me in the Comments Section. I have been trying to unravel that mystery for several days now to no avail.
Alas, I am ready for a second unveiling for those of you who are willing to give this a look-see and offer feedback.
The address is: http://lenleatherwood.wix.com/writing-rules
Lessons from Creating My Own Website:
1) Yikes, this is not very easy.
2) Good grief, shouldn’t I have hired someone to do this for me?
3) Dear Lord help me figure out how to connect this to Google and other search engines.
4) Why didn’t I use a WordPress website since that’s where my blog is?
5) Do I now need to create a website for our estate business? Probably. Should I use WordPress? Holy s–t, you mean after all the work I just did learning how to use the WIX site?
6) Do you really think having a website is that important anyway?
7) Again, calling for help on how to connect my website to actual search engines.
8) Will I be 80 before this thing is actually up, running and useful?
9) I do feel fairly proud that I did this all by myself.
10) I guess time will tell if a website is useful. The good news is that whether it’s tied to search engines or not, I actually really do now have one. Hooray.
Okay, on that note, I’ll close. Again, any feedback will be helpful.
Hope everyone is having a good Sunday. Angelenos and Texans, I hope you are all staying out of the heat.