1) To travel to faraway places so I can remind myself that I’m still young enough to be flexible, which will reflect itself in my writing.
2) To remember that stories – whether on the page or on film – are always more rewarding when they twist in unforeseen, yet positive directions.
3) To remind myself that new experiences bring new friends and new adventures, no matter how old I am, and those exploits will give me more to write about.
4) To recognize that breaking out of everyday routines requires risk-taking, which in turn spurs more conscious living, which means more conscious writing.
5) To never forget that dreams – both for life and for writing – are the fuel for fun, excitement, and growth and beat the hell out of living within the bounds of everyday “reality.”
This film inspires. You might want to give it a look-see.